Friday, July 30, 2010

Todays Shoot - All That Remains - Avenged Sevenfold - Limp Bizkit (live)

So today began my amazing trip back in time to 1996 with Mike Martin.












EDIT: Mike Martin now has his own middle finger calendar - check it out here: http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/the-official-2011-mike-martin-middle-finger-calendar/12304028

We hit five guys on the way down (as martin has become my brother in fatness)

We set the flux capacitor, got up to 88 miles an hour, and landed at the Oakdale Theater in CT.

Luckily when with All That Remains, I am always treated as family, which rules, and which is why I would always go above and beyond and do pretty much anything needed for these dudes.

So I'm used to shooting ATR as headliners (at least the past few years or so), so seeing them play before two bands was kinda weird, but kind of cool.

The lighting for them was dark and a little over saturated with LOTS of reds - I was shooting at ISO800 - I didnt want to go above that - so I was shooting at 2.8 and between a 90th - 160th for ATR - as the lighting was super dark, but between a stable hand, and a watchful eye on the lighting sequences - I got some solid shots. I also got some stage shots for the rest of their set. - check it!




















































































Avenged was up next, I wasnt sure if they were doing pyro again - or what the lighting would be like - but YES! they were doing the same pyro show from mayhem fest - but indoors with more controlled lighting. I like how these shots dont look anything like the mayhem shots due to the front lighting being actual lights rather than the sun - I was shooting 2.8 at a 200th-500th (when pyro hit)
















































































































































Then it was time for the BIZKIT! I hadnt shot them since their tour with Korn back in 2002 or 2003, so its been a while.

They had an awesome giant Limp Bizkit sign behind them full of lights, fred was spot lit, so it was super easy getting incredible shots of him/the stage set up. Wes was painted black wearing a witch hat, so exposing for the black paint, i just dropped my speed down a bit because I was at 2.8 the entire time for really selective focus - but I did drop my ISO down to 400 - and shot around a 160th-200th




























































































































































Now, you may not believe me when I say this, but of all the bands I've seen in the past few weeks, Limp Bizkit put on the best shows. It was a trip back to the 90s - and holy shit can LB still bring it with more energy and vitality then most young bands out there today. I was seriously blown away - as after shooting, myself and Martin watched the show with jaws on the floor. More bands need to take note of how to put on a REAL show.

Another note - tickets to this show were 60 bucks, which is unheard of for a 4 band show... so Fred - mid show - commented and said "FUCK LIVE NATION" while live nation crew and staff were all around... you gotta respect someone who has the balls to say that over a mic. So amazing! - anyway - the next day - I get to do this all over again! so home I went for a few hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment