Saturday, February 20, 2010

Todays Shoot - Alissa (NSFW)

My good friend Alissa who I've worked with probably about 4 or 5 times, fiiinaaally found some time in her hectic new work schedule to swing by the studio for a shoot.

As long as I've known her she has had this awesome two toned hair where the top is blonde and the bottom is either brown or black, which i thought would be perfect for my awesome top secret project.

Shooting her is always awesome because shes really good with posing and has a pretty excellent sense of humor when it comes to shooting

see outtake for example.



















She has always been into masks, she makes them, collects them... etc. She had an awesome new gas mask she wanted to shoot in, so we did a good amount of work in it.

split lighting - 2 3x4 soft boxes f16 at a 160th - iso 100 (unedited)



















The first half of the shoot I experimented with rim lights, doing 3 light shots, even 5 light shots, for the first time with a model - rather then a band. and i really wasnt into it for the most part. I'm still going to be toying around a bit with different stuff, but I gotta say im fairly content with what I get when I want to get it.

Aside from making masks, she also made an awesome skirt we wanted to shoot in, so we used the gas mask as well. (unedited)



















After shooting some stuff on white, we flipped it to black with more selective and sparse lighting...
2 3x4 softboxes split lighting - model about 2 feet in front of edge of soft box - F22 160th - iso 100 (unedited)



















then the second half of the shoot was the top secret project, sooo you dont get to see any of that quite yet... but soon, i promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment