Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Todays Shoot - Scout (NSFW)

Scout and I have been trying to cross paths for a photo shoot for a long long time.

Unfortunately due to ill planning, I got home from boston (A Day To Remember) pretty late, and had to wake up early to drop Gage off at the bus stop, and on top of that, had to leave for New Jersey that night for a shoot the next day with Iron Thrones.

Needless to say I knew it was going to be a painful day, so I tried to push the shoot earlier in the day, so I could sleep for a few hours before leaving for NJ, but alas, couldnt be done, and I didnt want to re-re-re-re-schedule with her.

The day is a bit of a blur, so bare with me as I try to remember it! haha. We were shooting for the fine art/fashion nude project and the corpse paint project, just to make things quick.

We started with the goth/fashion/fetish project - which is shot on white paper - with 2 3x4 soft boxes - which were at 50% power - I was shooting with the Canon 1DS mark 2 - and with the 70-200 2.8 L IS and the 24-70 2.8 L USM lens - ISO 100 - F14 - at a 125h-160th - split lighting

check the unedited images below































































































After struggling with consciousness through this, we switched it up to the corpse paint project

the first set we did took me a while to get the exposure right just because I was so tired, I wasnt really thinking straight - so I just went with what I knew and stayed safe - I shot this with one beauty dish boomed straight down - half power light - again shot with the 70-200 and 24-70, but this time F18 - as I was going to shoot with a lower FStop, but was too tired to do any sort of math or thinking. 19 hours of sleep in 4 days isnt very conducive to a productive workflow

see unedited images below































































































Next we switched it up to split lighting - same set up as the first shot and same setting - F16 - half powered lights - iso 100

check unedited images below












































































After this quick shoot, we planned out another shoot when i wasnt falling asleep during.

I went home, packed real quick - then started my journey to jersey - which will be up shortly. and OH what a god damned nightmare it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment