Friday, May 27, 2011

Todays Shoot - Eyes Set To Kill

Today I get to see some of my favorites! Eyes Set to Kill! - After touring with IWABO in October, with them being direct support, we spent alot of time together and became buddies, as you do whilst on tour.

SO! We didnt really get to do any big ESTK shoots while I was out with IWABO, and it was actually my first time seeing ESTK since the tour - I figured it was nice out and we could do an awesome shoot, and try to get them some press, so I hit up the guys a few days earlier to sort out details.

I waited for the to load in their gear, and then we started in the parking lot of the palladium, I wanted to give them a bright shot against the sky - lots of blues - highlights and midtones, very minimal shadows. I set up two bare parabolic rims behind them to the right and left pointed in at them at 60% - then boomed a large beauty dish and pointed it right at them at 40% power. It was a clear day so I was at a 250th at F13 to bring in the blue sky with out blowing out the highlights in the sky. Shooting with the 24-70 lens on the Canon 1ds mark 2.






















































Next I wanted to do some bright natural light shots. We went around the corner and shot against a white brick wall - for these I wanted the white to go out just a touch - not too overpowering but about a stop over - I shot these at 4.5 at a 160th - and the white wall was getting direct sunlight which reflected into some back lighting. Posing a band who have multiple main people is difficult. You have the sisters who are the most publicized members of the band - as alexia is also a vocalist - and thereby a front woman - then you have cisco who is the front man - then theres caleb... who has the short end of that stick - start singing buddy! haha. BUT! with ESTK I tend to make the sisters the main focus but not with out losing cisco and caleb. Everyone in this band is as important as everyone else in the band, as with many other bands, but again - can be tricky if not done right.


































































For the last group shots I kept with natural light but wanted to do something with less blown out
highlights - so I found a wall that I had previously used with Reign Supreme and Tony Laureano that always works well and was out of sunlight so there would be even soft light. I shot these at 2.8 at a 200th



































































For the last shots with the girls, I basically recreated the same lighting I started with - two rims brought in a bit closer turned down 10% - same with the boomed large beauty dish - and tada! we had our shots. These were at F14 at a 200th as it was a bit brighter bringing in the lights for two people rather than four.
















































It was awesome seeing the ESTK fam again, as much as I love my job, doing four shoots didnt really give us a ton of time to hang out, which is a bummer, but hopefully they will be back around soon and we can spend more time hanging out, less of me running around shooting everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment