Thursday, April 7, 2011

Todays Shoot - Aleena (NSFW)

Today was my first time working with a model named Aleena

She came up to shoot some of my industrial/goth fashion nude work as well as a bunch of corpse paint stuff.

Now because we didnt shoot too much of the ladder, and the corpse paint work is now minimally posted (wait for the book!) theres not ALOT I can show you all.

BUT! heres what I can show ya

We started with two 3x4 softboxes on profoto compact 300s in studio - shooting with the Canon 1ds mark2 and the 70-200 IS lens - at F14 160th ISO100 - the one thing to keep in mind with split lighting is watching where the shadow will be - throwing a shadow in the middle gets redundant - move around - move the model around - use the light so the highlights do exactly what they should - highlight what you want it to! - for me i try to use it to highlight faces and catch the light in the eye. as youll see with many of these images, while some of the others I wanted some solid half lit/half shadowed shots.


























































































Next up we shot corpse paint in studio then on location - the photo im going to post is toward the end of the day I was shooting F3.5 at a 160th - at iso200 (as the light was fading i had to up from 100 to 200) - and I messed with some different off center and in-crops - this is one I liked a bunch.












I'll be working with Aleena again in the future so im certain we will come up with some more awesomeness in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment