Friday, October 15, 2010

Todays Shoot - George Romero - Godfather of Zombies

Well, its my birthday (almost). and what am I into? Zombies! Horror! etc.

What is a better way to spend ones birthday than to do a photo shoot with the mighty GEORGE ROMERO?! - can not be topped, ever. period.

if anyone doesnt know who Romero is... leave my blog! ..i kid... but Romero basically created Zombies with his horror classic Night of the Living Dead, and sequels, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and also so many other legendary horror movies like Creepshow 1 and 2, the crazies, and so on.

Anyway, so I was staying in the same hotel as everyone at rock and shock, so it was really easy to do a hotel room shoot with George. It was actually the SAME EXACT ROOM I had done a photo shoot with Jeffree Star just a few months earlier.

Due to lack of space and a VERY low ceiling, I wanted to boom a beauty dish, but it was difficult, as the ceiling was low, George had the heat up to 85 degrees in his room, and he is SUPER TALL!

So I boomed a dynalite uni400 with a dish, and had him sit down, I wasnt really into those photos, so I had him stand up, which basically brought his head INTO the dish, so i moved the dish forward and tilted it a bit so itd scrim across his face perfectly giving a softer feel with a strong fall off. I also did this so his glasses wouldnt reflect any light at all

I shot these at F20 ISO100 at a 160th using the 24-70 2.8


































It was certainly an honor and a privilege getting to work with THE definitive zombie/horror legend, hopefully more work like this will be happening more often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment